The Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Lyon (INSA de Lyon) (National Institute of Applied Sciences) is a French engineering university.
This grande école offers a five-year integrated under-graduate degree program. The five year curriculum comprises a two-year foundation course (premier cycle), completed by a further three years of specialised study in a particular field of engineering (second cycle).
The first cycle
During the first two years, you will mostly study fundamental sciences (math, physics, chemistry, mechanics and computer science). You will also, to a lesser extent, follow classes like languages, expression and sport.The Scan section allows you to follow the classes of the premier cycle in English instead of French.
The second cycle
After you have succeeded in completing the first cycle, you will be allowed to choose one out of the twelve "departments", where you will study a specific field of engineering, including :
- Computer science,
- Civil engineering and Urbanism,
- Electrical/Electronic engineering,
- Energy engineering and environment,
- Mechanical engineering and design,
- Mechanical engineering and development,
- Mechanical engineering and plasturgy processes,
- Industrial engineering,
- Materials science and engineering,
The Engineering degree obtained at the end of the second cycle is equivalent to a Masters of Science.
If you want more information on the INSA de Lyon or the scan section, you can have a look at the following web pages :
- www.insa-lyon.fr -INSA de Lyon official website
- http://scan.insa-lyon.org/content/how-apply - Where you will find all the information you'll need to apply for this section.